Switching back to the fuselage for a bit; I’m ready to install the canopy, but before I do that, I need to install the interior side skins.
My interior side skins didn’t come pre-drilled with holes for the rear-seat vents. Although I’ve heard they don’t work great, I still would rather have them. First I cut pilot holes at the desired location, which was a little bit different than what was shown in the KAI drawing. I then used a hole-cutting bit, first on the skin and then on the interior panel.
Next I sealed off the channels that form the duct from the front to the back, using Sikaflex 295 and a few pieces of foam block to seal off gaps.
My kit did not include any pieces to transition from round duct to the channel, so I designed and 3D-printed a transition piece, and set it into the channel using the same Sika sealant. The transition piece goes from 2.5″ round duct to the 87x24mm channel.