Nose Wheel Valve Stem
Posted On August 2, 2020
For my first task after coming back from a week of vacation up at Lake Winnipesauke, I had to fix a problem with my nose wheel. Thanks to a tip from fellow Sling builder Rod, I found out I had not assembled the valve stem correctly. A visit to the Matco website confirms this; they have a small instructional sheet available for download, which shows how to assemble a tube onto this MH51 series wheel. It definitely looks better now.
There is an o-ring supplied with the undercarriage kit to install between the two halves of the wheel. I’m not sure what purpose it serves, but I nonetheless installed it per the instructions.
For the next step, I have to attach tow bar brackets to the nose wheel fork. I decided to powder coat these parts.