I spent about 1.5 hrs doing a few small tasks. First, someone on the Sling Builders Facebook group happen to notice that I installed an aileron control stop incorrectly; incredibly, I did this even after studying other blogs, and being aware that the build manual shows them in the wrong orientation. At least some consolation was that I installed one of them correctly, so I only had to drill out the rivets for the other one, and it was pretty easy to access.
After fixing that mistake, I attached the rudder pedal base channel and some beefy brackets that the firewall and engine mount eventually attach to. Note, these brackets are identified differently depending on which manual you’re looking at. In Sling 4 manual v0.15, they are listed on page E8 as CF-BKT-018-L/R-C-. The TSi manual (version “WIP”) also identifies them this way in the parts list on pg E8, but then there is a little note on the drawing indicating that the welded assembly is identified as CF-BKT-S29-L/R-C (first time I’ve seen a letter in the 6th position). Meanwhile, the parts themselves are labeled CF-BKT-029-L/R-C-.