I put together a wing rack this week following plans from an EAA article. I had most of the material already, so it didn’t cost much – the straight sections are 2×4, 2×6, or 4×4 pieces of lumber I had laying around, while the gussets were made out of pieces of the wing & empennage shipping containers. I had to buy casters, which I got from Amazon for not much money, and some screws. I’ll move the left wing over to this rack shortly, and then begin assembling the right wing.
On my wing step skin issue, I got feedback from TAF on what to do – their suggestion is to put in additional rivets in new holes to be drilled between the existing holes. Simple enough solution, though I don’t think I need to put in quite as many new rivets as per the picture below. I’m happy to get this resolved and move on, since it’s the last wing task I need to do, minus the composite wing tips.