After having to slightly modify my priming process yet again (story for another post), I started clecoing the skins onto the HS frame. First side goes on pretty easily…
…But when flipping over to the other side, it’s a tight fit, and initially the holes don’t line up since the skin needs to pull up tight around the nose. I found starting at the outside fwd edge and working my way in was the best way to do this (see the red arrows on the next picture).
I’ll probably start riveting one side, and leave the other side open for inspection. Before I rivet, I need to check that left and right sides are level to each other – I’ll be using a digital level to do this.
It’s exciting to have my first little wing built! The elevator is up next.