November 12, 2019

Work commenced on Horizontal Stabilizer

This weekend I completed inventory of both kits I received, so it was time to get started! The first assembly in the manual is the horizontal stabilizer. I’ve spent the last two days deburring and cleaning all the parts, and then will be priming them in a little “paint booth” – credit to Craig Maiman for the idea. I’m using SEM self-etching primer as I described in an earlier post, so I’ll be spraying the primer from a rattle can.

I should be ready to start clecoing these parts together this weekend.

I’m pretty pleased with how my work area has turned out – all of the parts are stored away on the wire shelves pretty neatly. I put down a roll-out textured floor material designed for garages, it greatly enhances the appearance compared to the dirty bare concrete.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.